There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Adafruit MAX31855 With MATLab
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit MAX31855 With MATLab

by Jsph.gomez89 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Arduino and MATLab, so I apologize in advance if the answer seem trivial.
I am currently doing a project that is to build a PID controller which is to use a Thermocouple as a feedback to the controler (Arduino) to control temperature of the system.

I picked up the MAX31855 breakout board and the Type-K Thermocouple and was successful in having it work with my Arduino with the MAX31855 giving readings within 1 degree C on the serial monitor of the Arduino. My big issue right now is now having to use MATLAB to plot this data in a live data plot. But under further research, I need to create an library within MATLab to us the scrips given within the tutorial of the thermocouple. Because it is a Digital output i am not sure where to even start with this kind of work. Like I said I am fairly new to the world of Arduino, MATLab,and coding.

Thank you in advance!!
Jsph.gomez89

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.