Featherwing OLED wish

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jensa

Featherwing OLED wish

Post by jensa »

I like the Featherwing OLED (https://www.adafruit.com/products/2900) but I wish the screen was a little bigger & it feels a bit wasted to have all those duplicated pins around the edge on a board that has to be on top of the stack.

Any chance of a 128x64 pixel version with a taller screen?

J

PS: would probably be good with a Feather-subforum?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Featherwing OLED wish

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Thanks - I'll pass your comments along.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

128x64 0.96" is tough because even tho the display will fit, the connector comes out the bottom not the side so as you can probably imagine, it's a little different to work with. we're not sure if we'll just have sections of the featherwing not have pads. its a debate, so no design yet and no ETA :)

jensa

Post by jensa »

Right. I guess that makes it a little more different to design it, but couldn't the connector be bent behind the screen for a millimeter or two and then go down through a slit in the PCB? I just thought that if you placed the passives + connector on the bottom of the PCB, you could fit a larger screen such as the 1.3"?

But - if only the 0.96" 128x64 OLED will fit and not the 1.3" I guess it's not that much of an upgrade either. Hmm.... sub 1" is very tiny. I have a couple of them, but they're kind of hard to read due to their size.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”