Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE Compatability with Sparkf

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
benr1

Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE Compatability with Sparkf

Post by benr1 »

Hi, I have a Sparkfun Pressure sensor that I would like to output the result of over Bluetooth

sparkfun.com/products/12909

https://www.adafruit.com/products/2829

I had originally purchased an Arduino 101 to use with the sensor, but later found out after much troubleshooting and contacting SF product support that the SF libraries were not compatible with the Arduino 101. Before I purchase this Adafruit product I was wondering if anyone knew off hand whether I will run into any issues regarding compatibility or not?

Thank you!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE Compatability with Sp

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't know anything about that sensor, so I can't make any promises either way.

The code in the library and example sketches seems to be standard Arduino Wire-based I2C code, and I didn't see anything that rasied red flags. Taking a wild guess, I'd say it's more likely to work than not.

Check with Sparkfun and see if they have any information about compatibility with the ATmega32u4. If there are known problems, they'll apply to the Feather 32u4. If the code works with other 32u4-based boards, it will probably work with the Feather too.

benr1

Post by benr1 »

Thanks Mike. Will do!

nscreator

Post by nscreator »

Hey I'm trying to do the same thing (output the sensor value via Bluetooth from the Bluefruit LE). What's the best way to do this? I know I have to wire the FSR to the A0 pin. But what's a sketch I can use to send the FSR values from the Bluefruit LE via Bluetooth to the Arduino serial monitor on my PC?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Take a look at the 'bleuart_datamode' example that comes with the Adafruit BLE library. That's the simplest way to transfer data:

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Bl ... t_datamode

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”