IR LED's not blinking

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
typewriterjenny

IR LED's not blinking

Post by typewriterjenny »

Hello! I ran the first test with two double A batteries, and the green light did blink. However, when i reverse image captured the IR LED image on my phone, though I was able to see that the IR LED's were lit, they did not blink. Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

adafruit_support_jarek

Re: IR LED's not blinking

Post by adafruit_support_jarek »

Hi there! Can you take a picture of the top and bottom of your board and attach it to a reply please? Also, does the TV-B-Gone work when you aim it at a working TV and press the button : https://learn.adafruit.com/tv-b-gone-kit/use-it

typewriterjenny

IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG (144.99 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG (116.07 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Did not work on a brand new sanyo flatscreen tv. Green button does flash and appear to be working.
Thanks!
Jenny

typewriterjenny

IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
Did not work on a brand new sanyo flatscreen tv. Green button does flash and appear to be working.
Thanks!
Jenny

adafruit_support_jarek

There seems to be a piece missing from your assembled board. Part Q5 is critical to proper operation, could you please install it and try again?

typewriterjenny

Got it! Thanks! I am a beginner and I love these kits. In going through the instructions, there were two spots I had trouble with. Perhaps my suggestions to clarify a few items might help others as well.

At this step: "Next is the 220uF electrolytic capacitor. It is polarized so make sure it goes in the right way. The long lead is positive, and goes into the hole marked with a +, on the right in this photo." In this instruction, you may want to add a note to leave space when soldering so that the capacitor can bend flat. When I was working on this, I was scrolling down one instruction at a time. So, I read the above step, soldered, then read to bend it, but I hadn't left enough space.

At this step: "Now place the single 2N2907 PNP transistor Q5." You may want to reword this instruction to say something like, "There are 5 resistors that look the same, however look closely as Q5 has number 2N2907 on it." I did not notice this as they all look the same, and I soldered Q5 into Q3s spot without realizing it. OOPS! lol.

Thanks for the awesome kits, and the fast responses!

adafruit_support_jarek

I'll pass it on, thanks for sharing your experience :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”