tv b gone failed first test

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
connorsalt

tv b gone failed first test

Post by connorsalt »

I have recently bought and began to assemble the TV B GONE kit. This is my second kit I have bought from Adafruit, and the first one I assembled worked great. I am concerned about this kit as I have gone through step by step assembling the parts so far and have double checked the given possible errors for the green LED not flashing. I am out of ideas as to why it the green LED is failing the first test and not flashing. Please help!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: tv b gone failed first test

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

It sounds like you are at this step:
https://learn.adafruit.com/tv-b-gone-kit/test-it

Can you post a photo of your build so we can look for any obvious hardware issues.

connorsalt

Post by connorsalt »

Sorry for the very late response, I have been caught up with work nd have not been able to get back to this project.
Here are the photos of my build so far. Please let me know what I can do to fix it or what is wrong. I have tested with brand new batteries and tried pressing the button as well (LED never lights up).
Attachments
IMG_9083.jpg
IMG_9083.jpg (548.92 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
IMG_9085.jpg
IMG_9085.jpg (881.49 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

connorsalt

Post by connorsalt »

Just another thing to note, my microcontroller fits in smoothly and nothing points to any potential error. However I am new to microcontrollers and trying to learn about them with this kit. Just not sure what is going on. Thank you for the help, I love this website and these kits!! Hopefully we can get this working!

adafruit_support_carter

Thanks. That looks generally OK. Is your second kit (the one built previously) available by any chance?

connorsalt

Post by connorsalt »

It was the drawdio kit, but unfortunately I do not have it available anymore.

adafruit_support_carter

Oh, OK, sorry, I was thinking it was second TV-B-Gone. We could have used parts from that to help test this one.

Not sure what's happening, but seems like maybe something is wrong with the little chip. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number. I think it will be easiest to just send you a new replacement kit. Reply back here when it arrives and I'll suggest best next steps for troubleshooting.

connorsalt

Post by connorsalt »

This specific kit was a gift, so I am having a hard time retrieving the order number. Is there an alternatively method to request a replacement. I will continue to look for order number but if there is other confirmation that would also be helpful. Thanks for the help!

adafruit_support_carter

Hmmm. That situation happens every now and then. Go ahead and email support any way. They will be able to assist you with options for what you can do in that case.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”