Modifying the TV-B-Gone Kit

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Modifying the TV-B-Gone Kit

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Just wondering if there is a way of retrieving the code of a TV once triggered by TVBG
Unfortunately, the TVBG does not know when (or if) the TV is triggered. It just blasts through the whole list of codes and hopes one of them works.

paulc1

Re: Modifying the TV-B-Gone Kit

Post by paulc1 »

The reason I was asking, was my unsuccessful attempts at grabging and sending a Volume "ON OFF" IR code for an RCA TV/VCR units. I understand TVBG issues Unit, not volume, ON OFF codes but I was thinking of substituting Unit ON OFF Code with Vol ON OFF If I could extract it from TVBG. No Luck there.

I will be reporting about my trials and tribulations about grabbing and sending IR code in the IR and the Automatic Volume control blogs elsewhere, but of relevance here is the fact I was able, after all, to grab and send all the codes I needed by adjusting the carrier fequency.

It happened that the TV's I was having trouble with coding are a Sony and an RCA, and, low and behold, SB-Projects, http://sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/rca.php, mentions that Sony uses a 40KHz carrier frequency and RCA a 57KHz !!! and substituting IRpulse to 9/3 for Sony and 6/3 for RCA in the "void PulseIR" code, did the trick.

I was wondering therefore whether TVBG fartors in carrier frequency as well as on off timings since I was able to trigger all my TV's with TVBG, else how do you explain my being able to, only after raising the carrier frequency to 57KHz in the IR Tutorial code?

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”