TV-B-Gone complete - findings...

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bobfixesstuff

Re: TV-B-Gone complete - findings...

Post by bobfixesstuff »

tested at 70 paces through one sheet of glass. works! eighty paces, no success.

this test was "true to life", not ideal laboratory conditions. any number of factors could have interfered with the TV-B-Gone.

so I think this shows that 70 (roughly) meters is roughly what can be expected when circumstances of use are not ideal, but just adequate; i.e typical deployment.

very very impressive!

richms

Post by richms »

LG is way too far down the list for what is probably the 3rd or 4th largest seller of LCD/Plasmas.

I managed to de-program my tv-b-gone trying the arduino as a programmer sketch on it and have not gotten around to sorting that out, but really all you need is

sony
samsung
panasonic
LG
and then philips - because many of the junk brands use philips remotes

So that was going to be one of my "round tuit" projects.

Doesnt seem to be any difference between EU and US mode for effectiveness IME.

bobfixesstuff

Post by bobfixesstuff »

that's a good idea, re-programming to prioritise signals. for example, in my locality, almost every television set for public audiences is an LG.

what does "round tuit" me... oh I just got it when I said it in my head lol :D

thelandofthedave

Post by thelandofthedave »

Keep in mind also that there are other factors invloved Besides the tv b gone needing to cycle thru all the codes until it reaches the LG codes. In some cases there is a line of sight issue, such as advertising placards placed in front of ir port of tv when in a retail environment. Some tv's have a mode the retailers can put the tv into that turns off the IR port. Batteries could be weak. I have one built into a hoodie and really the only time i find i cant turn off a tv (even LG tv's) is when my batteries are near dead or when there are obvious line of sight issues.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”