Low level vandalism
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Low level vandalism

by normlane on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:36 pm

I've never understood why it's supposed to be cool to screw around with other peoples property. Granted some of these TV's are impinging on public property and people have little choice in being exposed to them but I believe the most common use is to mess with tvs in bars and restaurants. Wouldn't it be a bit more civilized to go to places that don't have tvs rather than make decisions for a bunch of other people who, I'm sure, are not consulted. I believe that if they bothered the majority of people they wouldn't be there. Business owners usually try to avoid things that drive customers away.

I think it's very much like the arrogant hacker mindset where, since you're so smart that you can do it, you feel justified in messing with other peoples stuff. How smart is it to need a kit to make one of these anyway? It's not rocket surgery.

normlane

Re: Low level vandalism

by adafruit on Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

NormLane wrote:It's not rocket surgery.

we cannot agree more!

adafruit

by normlane on Fri May 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Or brain science either.

normlane

by gee on Sun May 05, 2013 4:41 pm

I can't believe they make whoopee cushions. They make such an awful and offensive sound, and they are deeply humiliating and degrading to those poor unfortunate people that are made to sit on them.

Maybe it's that arrogant prankster mindset where you think that because you're clever and sneaky enough to place one of these onto a person's chair without them noticing, you're justified in doing it. Personally, I THINK IT'S WRONG.
gee

by normlane on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 pm

You make a habit of planting whoopee cushions under complete strangers? I doubt it as you'd be unlikely to survive long enough to write about it.

normlane

by wtfwtfdef on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:33 am

[Edit - moderator - inappropriate content removed]
wtfwtfdef

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 am

We have a "be excellent to each other" policy on this forum. Please try to keep the conversation positive, constructive and on topic.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.