NA codes (how many in full TVBgone?)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

NA codes (how many in full TVBgone?)

by caitsith2 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:42 am

How many North America Codes are there on the full TVBGone, and is there any chance of getting all of them?

As it stands, more than 56 of them will fit in an ATTiny45, using the code compression technique oPossum came up with on this forum. (The firmware as I have compiled so far, is 3106 bytes, which specifically allows for Stealth mode to be turned on/off for all button presses, (by holding the button on the second click for 5 seconds))
caitsith2

by adafruit on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:37 am

you'll have to ask mitch, he had to hand transcribe the codes in the kit. i think the original tvbgone has like 150 codes!

adafruit

by maltman23 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:44 am

Yup! Well, the current version of the commercial TV-B-Gone has 139 POWER codes in its North American database and 140 POWER codes in its European database.

It is a real pain (!) to go from my original database to POWER codes that can work for this kit. I want to publish all of the POWER codes, and want to do that soon, but, unfortunately, I can't promise a date, since I am so busy with other projects right now. My next set of codes will be the top 50 (or so) European codes, since I'm going to the Chaos Congress in Berlin (24C3, which is an amazing hacker conference that I would recommend to anyone!) and I want to have my TV-B-Gone Kit working while I'm in Europe (and also to give to people at 24C3).

Mitch.

maltman23

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.