Ordered the kit
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Ordered the kit

by nonstopred on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:27 am

I ordered the kit from the tvbgone website, however it still said preorder, will I get it? is the site just not updated?

Also. how long should this take to build and what is the difficulty level. Anything I should know about it before assembling?

Will this work on projectors?.... not projection tvs, but the projectors that are hung from ceilings, made by like computer companies, or infocus etc....Can it be programmed to work on them if not?

Thanx....any newbie advice'll be great, thanx
nonstopred

by maltman23 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:36 am

We should be getting stock of TV-B-Gone Kits in a few days at the TVBGone.com website.

The 46 POWER codes that come programmed in the Kit's microcontroller do not include any projectors. But projector codes work the same as any other IR remote control code, so you can program it in. You'll need to have some means of obtaining the code, however. Like, if you could borrow the remote control for the projector, and connect a storage scope up to it, then you can see the timing, and add it to the firmware (in "NAcodes.c")

Mitch.

maltman23

by nonstopred on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:30 pm

once I go about assembling this kit, I dont know if i have all the correct tools. I have a soldering iron at home, but It is fairly large, will I need a smaller one for more presicion? or should I be fine with the one that I have? I hope it comes this week, any things that I need or should know about before assembly would be great, so I can make it work as soon as it comes! How long should the average person take to build it?

Sorry for all the questions lol

Thanx in advance
nonstopred

by Seanernet on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:12 pm

I assembled mine with a 75watt weller soldering gun. That will work fine, but I now prefer my weller pencil iron station. Be careful not to heat up the parts too much and get some good solder, I use some thin radio shack solder, it works just fine. If you follow the instructions perfectly and you solder at least average you should have no problems, but if you do have problems, it would pay to have a multimeter for testing and troubleshooting. As far as the time it takes to build, you should have no problem building it in 1 - 2 hours if you take your time.

Regards,
Sean
Seanernet

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.