This thing is amazing!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Was it worth ur time and money fot the tv-b-gone?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:44 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 8

This thing is amazing!

by I_am_bad_at_this on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:44 am

OMG, first off, wow! Layada, way to make the ultimate remote! I was at Fashion Square mall in scottsdale the other friday with this thing, first test i walked in and the sony style store display tv was right on the wall and within a second of pressing the button, off! I was on the 3rd level acroos the mall looking at the sony store on the first level and again all the display tvs went off. Oh i luved it when the guards started giving mean looks to people sitting outside the store. The best was outside Z-tejas sports grill, a big football game was on. Well, sorry for them right when the guy was on a long run the tvs at the bar blinked off...and so did the ones on the patio too. Wow, thank u layada

P.S. Im goin bak tomarrow for round two!
I_am_bad_at_this

by redclove on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:04 pm

yesterday I went to the Eaton centre, the sony store was fun but the best by far was the Wii pavilion, there were 6 screens with ppl playing games and a decent crowd watching from behind, they were constantly scrambling to turn the LCDs back on, and I would turn them back off again. One of the employees had a hunch someone was doing it wirelessly so I had to be careful, but it was funny watching him try to explain that to his co-workers, none of them believed him, they figured it was a wiring thing.

Also, futureshop and the telus booth which had very large custom screens was fun..
redclove

by Jon128 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 pm

LOL I was at the Eaton's center too, and wanted to turn off the TVs for the playsation display. But then I would feel like a jerk so I didn't...

Best Buy was also a good field test. I also turned off all the advertising TVs in the food court next to Union station.

Now I just need to hide it in a case. It looks like a bomb with the batteries, wires and red flashing light...
Jon128

by Seanernet on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Went up to Indianapolis with mine this past week, turned off every one I could find! The mall was a fun place to walk and there were no shortage of tv's. Funny thing is, the next day, the same mall tvs were still off. Passed by several restaurants with tvs in the main areas and the bar, easy pickings. I kept trying to turn off this one tv from across the street and thru glass with no luck. I'm hoping to get past this problem with my 1.1 version that I'm about to make. If not, maybe the SHP version will handle it.
Seanernet

by caitsith2 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:53 pm

If the SHP doesn't handle it, then you can always build your own ultra high power version, using LED1007 or LED1069
or LED1150 or LED1152, all of these from bgmicro.com. If none of those will turn off the target TV, then nothing will. It is also possible that you don't have the correct turn off code in your tv-b-gone. (Though the SHP will most likely have it.)
caitsith2

by Seanernet on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:39 am

LMAO, seeing those IR Arrays makes me think of making a suicide bomber version of the TV-B-Gone. Think a vest with 5000 leds covering the front, shoulders and back. I figure I can cover my legs and belt in batteries and hopefully I'll still be able to walk. But!!!!!!!!! No tv will be safe withing say 1000ft. Should only cost about $200 to build, build time will be approximately 160 hours. Anyone up for it? J/K

Sean
Seanernet

by I_am_bad_at_this on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am

ha yea bestbuy...
poor guty was trying to sell this nice sony hd tv and it kept turning off.

He was like "umm, mam, this dosnt usually happen".

and harkins....no not the movie prjectors but the huge flat panel tvs...they even turn off!
I_am_bad_at_this

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.