omg i have bad luck

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
I_am_bad_at_this

omg i have bad luck

Post by I_am_bad_at_this »

I can't believe myself. I am new to electronics so i dont know what even can cause this. Ok so i built a tv b gone from the ladyada kit. It worked perfectly untill all the sudden i hear this pop and the battery explodes and starts leaking acid everywhere. One blew up in a real (one and only one tv) remote, which i though was impossible with the diodes that prevent battery put in wrong, but that doesn't matter cause that batteries were in right after putting in the new ones(the ones that exploded). I tried building an arduino robot which i didnt wire up properly (very good explanation in that forum) and instead of the microcontroller heating, the battery poped and melted through plastic leaving the worst smell in the world. And today i made a tv b gone on a breadboard, JUST LIKE LADYADAS, to test out if more ir leds would be good and in testing (one ir led) it turned on my tv but then the AA battery blew up. I felt the tv b gone microcontroller and it wasn't hot nor anything else. I dont know if i hav bad luck or somthin, but i keep blowing up batteries.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Sounds like you need new batteries. I've never once had a battery blow up, I can't imagine the batteries NOT being an issue if it's happened that many times.

I_am_bad_at_this

Post by I_am_bad_at_this »

ya thats the thing, the battery packs were all different. the first were some ones in a 100 pack in a cabinet, another i remember was i little four pack i got at the mall, the robot was a recharable Ni-Ch, and the latest was in the new 100 pack.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”