My TV-B-Gone (Suggestions and comments are welcome)

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
LDS

My TV-B-Gone (Suggestions and comments are welcome)

Post by LDS »

I decided to write this post to share my experience in building a kit, based on a project already designed by Ladyadahttp://www.ladyada.net/make/index.html.

I wanted a smaller tv-b-gone and more compact so i took Ladyada's schematic and changed it, then i re-routed all the nets, and ended up with something like this (after i exposed it to uv-light and removed the excess copper).

There were a few "short-circuits", but i used my x-acto and solved it.

The final size is something like 4x3,5cm,

I used BC547 transistors because i had none other available at the moment. And the resistors are 1% precision resistors for the same reason, for some magical reason i didn't had any 120ohm resistors in normal size so i used this ones.

This is the final board. It looks nice for a home made board. It's small and portable. the power source can be any pack of bateries or a power supply as long as the microcontroller can handle the voltage.

The firmware i use is the american one, anyway it still works on most devices here in Portugal, in 4 tv's i have at home, it didn't work on only one, a Grundig.

Is works fine from about 20 meters. I haven't tried more yet.

If anyone REALLY wants to make this board at home with no comercial purposes just send me an e-mail to "lds at sapo.pt".

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you

LDS
lds at sapo.pt

jwsk

Post by jwsk »

nice layout,

but you also need a housing,

my versions are working over 40meters.

Greetings from Germany ;)

koolkat

Post by koolkat »

that looks like the same size as the original...

or maybe its just me... :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”