Anyone want to help with my build?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
brotherbock

Anyone want to help with my build?

Post by brotherbock »

Hey there. I'm looking for someone willing to assist me to an as-yet unknown degree in fitting the TVBG kit into a long, thin form factor. I want it to go inside a flashlight that uses AA batteries. I'm planning on fixing two flashlight bodies end to end, so the unit would fit into the top flashlight (along with a small SFX board as well), with the batteries in the bottom one. So the business pieces of the TVBG would have to fit into roughly the volume and shape of one AA battery (LEDs would be extended out to the front of the flashlight).

I'd also like to mod the firmware, if possible, to operate on a continuous-press button. I saw someone else had done this in another thread.

So...how much and what kind of help am I looking for? :)

I'm the sort of guy who knows just enough about these things to be dangerous. :) I'm a pretty good hand at soldering, and I pick up concepts very quickly, but this would be my first attempt at building my own board+components from scratch, much less modifying and flashing the firmware. I have built my own sous-vide controller, using a PID, SSR, switch and outlet, and I was able to grasp the concepts needed there pretty quickly, and I can suss out how to reattach things like USB ports that have broken away from motherboards, that sort of thing, if that helps you figure out how much help I need.

I'd love to find someone willing to answer questions as I go, give me pointers, etc. I'm busy, so this will be a project for the whole Fall at the smallest time frame--I won't be flooding anyone with daily emails :) Mostly, I'm thinking it would be better to find one person to help, rather than clogging forums with one project.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to give me a hand. There's no pressing time commitment, other than wanting to be done with the whole project by next Summer.

This is how I learn these sort of skills. I'm gonna push ahead either way, but someone willing to help a somewhat newbie would be great :)

Thanks,

Tom

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”