Fx Sound Board will not play my .OGG flies

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kdn0184

Fx Sound Board will not play my .OGG flies

Post by kdn0184 »

To quote another poster "I'm a electronixy beginner". I've had some luck reproducing some of the projects though out the Adafurit learn system over the last few months. These projects have caught the eye of my 9y/o nephew. He decided to do a school STEM project using a surface transducer to test different materials to see which produces the best sound.

So to the issue. I wanted to use the Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash and a massive arcade button to randomly play one of three songs through the transducer. I soldered all the pins (this is one of my first solder projects) and started testing everything on the board. I loaded the T00.ogg file from the adafurit sound flies and a .ogg file of one of the songs we what to use. It was a success. I then loaded the other two songs (all in .ogg) and now none of them will play. I've deleted them reloaded new copies, converted the original format back in to new .ogg format and nothing works. I've loaded the sound files back and all the Tnn files work when triggered but if I add the RAND or HOLD etc files, they will not work. I've re-numbered them with out success.

I've thought about using a feather and the amp MP3 wing but I don't know that I have know how (both with the program and build) to get it ready with the button in the week time frame I've. If I can get the Fx board to work even with just one song that would be preferred. Each of my files where ACC format songs converted to .ogg. Each are about 4.2 - 4.5 mb, so I should have the room.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Fx Sound Board will not play my .OGG flies

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Sounds like there may be two things happening - files that won't play and not able to get some trigger modes to work.
I then loaded the other two songs (all in .ogg) and now none of them will play.
Are you testing these with the basic trigger just to make sure they are playable?
loaded the sound files back and all the Tnn files work when triggered but if I add the RAND or HOLD etc files, they will not work.
What exactly are the filenames you are using?

kdn0184

Post by kdn0184 »

I've tested each of the files from with the Fx "USB" folder with elmedia player and they all work.
Currently I have all three songs and the original T00.ogg (ding) file. T00.ogg, T01.ogg T02.ogg and T03.ogg.
I've tested all the triggers by renaming T00 (ding) T00-T10 and they all work. I have noticed that when the original "ding" T00 file plays there is a red led that is lit while the file plays. When my song files are triggered the light kinda flickers

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You might need to change the compression settings. Some people have run into trouble with files in other formats if the bitrate and sampling rate are too high for the VS1000 to handle.

kdn0184

Post by kdn0184 »

Compressed the rate and EVERYTHING works PERFECTLY! Thank you all so much!!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear that did it. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”