🎄⛄❄️🎁 It's beginning to look a lot like ADABOX-mas! The next ADABOX from Adafruit ships soon! Get yours now, or give as a gift! 🎄⛄❄️🎁

New Gemma MO DOA
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

New Gemma MO DOA

by Vmanjeff on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Purchased 3 Gemma MO's and other electronics to make some Halloween projects and one of the MO's was dead on arrival. Both of the other Gemma's work when plugged into my Mac with a correct cable except this one. Theres no LED's or anything. Nothing on my desktop and no activity from the board at all. Pressing the reset button does not help and another cable did not help either. I also plugged it into a 500mAh Li-ion battery I purchased for the project and no joy.
My Invoice # is 2167152

I'd like a replacement. Thank you!

Vmanjeff

Re: New Gemma MO DOA

by mikeysklar on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey Vmanjeff,

Thank you for handling the troubleshooting on this.

You can e-mail support@adafruit.com and point them to this forum link as well as send them your invoice#.

mikeysklar

by Vmanjeff on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 pm

OK....They sent me here?? But I sent an email to support with the info.

Vmanjeff

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:08 pm

We verify hardware issues and approve replacements here in the forums. Those of us who moderate the forums know the common problems and failure modes for all of our boards. The folks on the business support team are the experts on inventory, shipping, finance, etc.

In this case, we know the steps you’ve already taken confirm an issue that has no easy fix. Still have to run the issue through the pipe though.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.