Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Adafruit Bluefruit Feather nRF52840: No COM port
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit Bluefruit Feather nRF52840: No COM port

by LangeVinger on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:35 am

I've recently got my Adafruit Bluefruit Feather nRF52840, and have been happely programming it. Today I converted my arduino project to a "Visual Micro" project, uploaded code a couple of times and then it suddenly no longer showed up (no COM port). I've tried a different windows machine (to no luck), also tried a fresh Adafruit Bluefruit Feather nRF52840, that one did get a COM port assigned. Did I brick the one I was using before? Has anyone had this issue before?

LangeVinger

Re: Adafruit Bluefruit Feather nRF52840: No COM port

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Try double pressing the reset button and see if you can get the FTHR840BOOT folder to show up.

adafruit_support_carter

by LangeVinger on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 pm

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Try double pressing the reset button and see if you can get the FTHR840BOOT folder to show up.

That did the trick, wish I would spend more time reading the documentation. Thanks for the advice.

LangeVinger

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:12 pm

No worries. Glad that worked. Getting back to that bootloader state is the general recovery process for any such weirdness.

Why it was doing that in the first place? Not sure. But sometimes the last firmware (sketch) loaded can do weird things that prevent the board from being auto-reset for the next sketch upload. So manually putting it in bootloader gets around that.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.