Pro Trinket not uploading
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pro Trinket not uploading

by OhBaby on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Pro Trinket error Capture.JPG
screen capture of error messages
Pro Trinket error Capture.JPG (140.12 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Just connected a Pro Trinket for the first time and cannot seem to get it recognized by the IDE or upload any sketch.

Getting the sound from the PC indicating a device is connected but no COM port is added to the Serial port list.

I've downloaded the Windows drivers but don;t see any change to the Board options so I have tried several different after not getting the Arduino UNO board to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OhBaby

Re: Pro Trinket not uploading

by franklin97355 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pm

You should also install the Adafruit board files following the tutorial on Adding Third-Party Boards If you set the preferences to verbose for the compile and upload options you will get more information and can post that here.

franklin97355

by OhBaby on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Thank you.

I was able to download the Adafruit boards successfully.

Unfortunately the Pro Trinket 3V is not being recognized as a COM port still.

The PC gives a recognition sound but the only port that shows is COM1 whether the Pro Trinket is plugged in or not. I tried the USB and the FTDI version of the Pro Trinket 3V board to no avail.

Don;t know it it means anything or not but the red LED on the Pro Trinket changes from two quick blinks followed by a pause when on LiPo power to a long slow heart beat like flash cycle when on USB power.

OhBaby

by OhBaby on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 pm

The below is the error message I keep getting.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

OhBaby

by OhBaby on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:00 pm

I do not see the L LED flash when resetting the board. What else might indicate there is no bootloader installed? Can I burn a bootloader onto this chip from the IDE?

"Bootloader

Make sure there's a bootloader burned on your Arduino board. To check, reset the board. The built-in L LED (which is connected to pin 13) should blink. If it doesn't, there may not be a bootloader on your board."

OhBaby

by franklin97355 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm

The Pro Trinket does not show up as a com port. Have you read through the tutorial on using the Pro Trinket and how to start the USB Bootloader?

franklin97355

by OhBaby on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:12 pm

OK looks like a work around may have been stumbled upon. :-)

Changing to the USBtiny ISP programmer and resetting just moments before uploading seems to have corrected the problem.

OhBaby

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.