Playground express Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Playground express Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12

by procyon75 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi !

I used Arduino IDE on Mac Os X.13 with an Adafruit Huzzah feather Esp8266 and all was good.
Then I bought a Playground Express, downloaded Arduino SAMD boards kit for 32b arm cortex m0+.
And I can't compile a sketch nor download it to the card.

My card type is set to "Playground express".
Card info gives vid/pid 239a 8019 and the bn is either unknown card or "Adafruit circuit Playground express" so the USB communication are good.
With all the latest versions : IDE is 1.8.7, the ARM kit is 1.6.20.

If I start with hello-blink example it starts with an include error :
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
In file included from sketch/Hello_Blink.ino.cpp:1:0:
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.20/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:124:0: warning: "digitalPinToInterrupt" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define digitalPinToInterrupt(P)   ( P )
 ^
In file included from /Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.20/cores/arduino/delay.h:23:0,
                 from /Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.20/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:81,
                 from sketch/Hello_Blink.ino.cpp:1:
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.20/variants/circuitplay/variant.h:54:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define digitalPinToInterrupt(P) (g_APinDescription[P].ulExtInt)
 ^

I get this error a lot of times, then for linking
Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/ffft.S.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 12/0

and a lot of variants
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: /Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv6-m/libm.a(lib_a-s_fpclassify.o): Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12

I tried deleting SAM kit and reinstalling it.
I tried switching to another card and back to this one but no change.

On the net everyone seems to do python and make code :-(
C needs love too.

procyon75

Re: Playground express Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 am

That's a bug in the 1.8.7 version of the Arduino IDE. Drop back to an earlier version like 1.8.6 and things should work normally.

adafruit_support_mike

by procyon75 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:40 pm

I tried 1.8.6 with and without a reinstallation of SAM kit 1.6.20 => nope.
I tried 1.8.5 => nope
I tried lastest arduino beta 2018 11 30 => nope

Then I tested arduino 1.8.5 with SAM kit 1.6.19 => nope
Then I tested arduino 1.8.5 with SAM kit 1.6.18 => nope

always the same
n file included from sketch/Hello_Blink.ino.cpp:1:0:
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.18/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:124:0: warning: "digitalPinToInterrupt" redefined [enabled by default]
 ^
In file included from /Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.18/cores/arduino/delay.h:23:0,
                 from /Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.18/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:81,
                 from sketch/Hello_Blink.ino.cpp:1:
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.6.18/variants/circuitplay/variant.h:54:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 ^

and
Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/ffft.S.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 12/0
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/Adafruit_CPlay_LIS3DH.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/Adafruit_CPlay_NeoPixel.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/CP_Firmata.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/IRLibDecodeBase.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/IRLibProtocols.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/IRLibRecvPCI.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/IRLibSendBase.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: libraries/Wire/Wire.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12
/Users/xxx/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: core/variant.cpp.o: Conflicting CPU architectures 0/12

:-(

procyon75

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:00 am

Hmm.. those directory paths look wrong.

Are you using the Circuit Playground Express build target that's part of the Arduino Boards section of the Tools->Board menu, or the one under the Adafruit SAMD Boards section?

adafruit_support_mike

by procyon75 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 pm

demo and blink compile OK with arduino 1.8.5 with SAM kit 1.6.18 and card = Arduino AVR / Adafruit circuit playground
but if I switch to card = Arduino SAMD / Adafruit circuit playground Express I get the (now classic) nonsense.

I don't have any other Circuit Playground option to choose.

I fiddled with the library folder. Deleting folders, restoring some ..
I don't know what I did exactly but after a lot of errors it finally compiles with 1.8.5.
I have the tool version SAM 1.6.20.
And in libraries I have both a 1.6.7 Adafruit Circuit Playground lib and a 1.8.1

If I switch to Arduino IDE 1.8.6 it compiles OK too. It sees only Adafruit Circuit Playground lib 1.8.1

A clean install shall be needed for arduino IDE because it's a mess.

But I'm still not safe.
In boot loader mode (green led + slow pulsing red), the code download starts then
No device found on cu.usbmodem1441
Une erreur est survenue lors du transfert du croquis => Error when downloading.

The device can be probed, but can't download anything.
I am doomed.

procyon75

by Willamid on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:28 am

I am having the same issue with my Circuit Playground Express. I reinstalled all libraries, drivers and packages. I also tried Arduino 1.8.4 and 1.8.5, SAMD package 1.6.19 and 1.6.18 and also tested everything on 2 other PCs but I am still getting a full page of errors. Does anybody have any idea what this is? The error below is only a part of the debugging message but all lines have the same format.

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.19\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:124:0: warning: "digitalPinToInterrupt" redefined [enabled by default]

^

In file included from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.19\cores\arduino/delay.h:23:0,

from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.19\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:81,

from sketch\Hello_Blink.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.19\variants\circuitplay/variant.h:54:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

Could it be Windows 7 being incompatible or something? I've tried to debug this for a week now, so any help would be appreciated.

Willamid

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:04 am

@Willamid: Please start a new thread for your issue. Trying to debug more than one problem in a thread is just asking for confusion.

@procyon75: Install the "Arduino SAMD Boards" and "Adafruit SAMD Boards" board support packages.

Delete any CircuitPlayground libraries you have in sketchbook/libraries.

Install a fresh copy of this one:

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_CircuitPlayground

Reboot the Arduino IDE.

Select "Adafruit Circuit Playground Express" from the "Adafruit SAMD Boards" section of the Trools->Board menu, -NOT- the version under the Arduino SAMD Boards section.

Try to upload the Blink sketch, and post any output from the debug pane if it doesn't work.

adafruit_support_mike

by procyon75 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi !
I deleted the circuit playground library in my folder.
I installed "Arduino SAMD Boards". No "adafruit board" available.
Then downloaded Adafruit_CircuitPlayground-1.8.1 from your link and installed it.

But I have only one section "Arduino SAMD" with both Arduino boards and one Adafruit.
I included a snapshot.

I tried arduino 1.8.8, it looks and does the same.

I get the same redefinitions warning when compiling and the download always stops before completion.
Attachments
snap-arduino.jpg
snap-arduino.jpg (384.66 KiB) Viewed 205 times

procyon75

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:41 am

Open the Arduino IDE's Preferences panel, and add this URL to "Additional Board Manager URLs":

https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-boar ... index.json

Restart the Arduino IDE, and install the Adafruit SAMD Boards support package.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.