Confused about micro controllers
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Confused about micro controllers

by Proteus1985 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 am

Hi there

Sorry if this question has been asked already but I have searched through the forum, watched several videos and I’m still confused when it comes to micro controllers.

I have a project I’m Egar to get started but I ksit don’t know which micro controller will be best for my project.

This community seems so helpful I thought I would take the plunge and reach out for some help.

My project is simple, it contains 7 leds of which 4 I hope to be super bright, 4 push button switches, 1 window sensor, 6 sound fxs, 1 servo

I am just confused at to which of the micro controllers to use, I think i might be heading for the metro? But I’m just not sure.

I really appreciate any help at all.

Thank you

Proteus1985

Re: Confused about micro controllers

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:31 am

Not sure what type of window sensor you plan to use. But I am assuming that by "6 sound fxs" you mean that you have 6 different sounds that you want to trigger via an FX board.

Assuming that your window sensor only needs 1 pin, you are looking at 19 GPIO pins. The Metro M0 would just cover it with exactly 19 pins.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Confused about micro controllers

by Proteus1985 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:49 am

Hi bill

Thank you very much for the response.

The window sensor is a independent unit I intend to take apart and fit into my circuit, it triggers a switch when the 2 parts are separated and activates a buzzer, I don’t want the buzzer just the was the switch works.

Yeah I intend to use the adafruit sound fx board to trigger the 6 sounds, but at the same time the sounds play leds will change.

Metro MO it is then, thank you again for the help

Proteus1985

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.