USB Malfunction
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: USB Malfunction

by dcharato on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 am

Tried it with both devices and on multiple computers. Still not working.

dcharato

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:52 am

Let's try one more thing: put a cheap/old USB-2 hub between the computer and the Feathers. There are known problems with microcontroller bootloaders trying to talk to USB-3 ports, and having two boards fail the same way strongly suggests a reaction to something in the operating environment.

adafruit_support_mike

by dcharato on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:37 am

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Let's try one more thing: put a cheap/old USB-2 hub between the computer and the Feathers. There are known problems with microcontroller bootloaders trying to talk to USB-3 ports, and having two boards fail the same way strongly suggests a reaction to something in the operating environment.

Ok. Sorry was out of the building. I will grab my USB 2.0 hub and try it on Monday.

dcharato

by dcharato on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:58 am

still not working.

Could a laptop be putting to much power to the device and blowing out the USB? Not sure what else would cause two to stop working on the upload?

Just as FYI. I have used the same USB cable on two Circuit playground express with no issues

dcharato

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:35 pm

No, a standard power supply can't force current through a circuit. The circuit only uses as much current as it can.

It sounds like the Feather's USB hardware has failed. Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to support@adafruit.com and the folks there will get you a replacement Feather 32u4 BLE.

(#2829)

adafruit_support_mike

by MACDEVSTUDIO on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi. I recently purchased a Feather M0 Bluefruit LE from your Amazon store and I am experiencing the exact same behavior. Would you be able to help me with the issue. Thank you!

MACDEVSTUDIO

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.