๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday January 20, 2020 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday January 17 will go out Tuesday January 21 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Can Adafruit's nRF52840 bootloader be loaded onto uBlox modu
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can Adafruit's nRF52840 bootloader be loaded onto uBlox modu

by emaneric on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Hey everyone, I am interested in using an nrf52840 module for an upcoming smartwatch project, so I want to start experimenting with it. I am familiar with arduino, and would like to use some Arduino libraries, so I like the idea of using Adafruit nrf52 core in the Arduino IDE. I am wondering though, is it possible to load the Adafruit nrf52840 bootloader onto a custom PCB with the uBlox NINA-B306 module instead of the Raytac modules Adafruit uses? I am new to this, so it might be out of my skill range, but I thought it would be worth asking.
Thanks!

emaneric

Re: Can Adafruit's nRF52840 bootloader be loaded onto uBlox

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 am

We can't give a definitive answer on that because different boards could use a different variant of the chip, or have some other difference that causes problems.

You're certainly welcome to try, but you'll need a JTAG pod to write a bootloader to any 32-bit microcontroller.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Can Adafruit's nRF52840 bootloader be loaded onto uBlox

by emaneric on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:49 am

Ok yeah that sounds like what I expected. In any case I am going to buy a Dev board like the one from Nordic or Ublox that has a built in j-link, and do some experimenting.
Many thanks

emaneric

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.