Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V

by kidcopernicus on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Finding the wiki a bit problematic.. Was the wiki database damaged somehow? Thought it was uBlock at first..

Anyway, I'm buying the Mini Solenoid here: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2776

Very excited to combine with the 5V Trinket M0 and a remote fob for a little film prop FX.

So, I'm here for to find the circuit diagram or the full tutorial -- solenoid_driver.pdf -- link from the product description is a dead link? I found the controller chip from the youtube video, but it doesn't include the N channel FET or diode specs.

Does anyone have a link to that pdf? Or simply recognize this simple circuit and can pass along a diagram? I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Thanks!

kidcopernicus

Re: Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V

by millercommamatt on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:43 pm

millercommamatt

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:44 pm

See the circuit diagram in this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/robotic-xylo ... id-circuit
Links for the components can be found on the right side of your screen.

adafruit_support_bill

by kidcopernicus on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Many many thanks!

I'm also going to attempt to power the circuit with a 5 AA harness, and trigger it with the Simple RF T4 Receiver and a 2 button keyfob, if I can. Wondering about problems with load. I'm a hack electrical engineer though, and I mean mindless butchery. Trying to concoct a remote button pusher..

But I'll have a look at those docs immediately.

Cheers! Great community here..

kidcopernicus

by kidcopernicus on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Great information. I have the components identified and on order now, adafruit_support_bill.

matt, I wonder if that code will run on a Trinket 5V. It's a single, simple repetitive function in a very constrained volume, I'm trying to keep the electronics as small as I can.

Any insight on that? Just want to gather as much data as I can before build.

Thanks!

kidcopernicus

by millercommamatt on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Code should work fine; just get the pin number correct for however you wire the Trinket.

millercommamatt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.