Assistance in which microcontroller to use
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Assistance in which microcontroller to use

by xavier117 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Hello,
I will purchase a microcontroller shortly. I just wanted to make sure that the products that I was searching for are indeed compatible.

We will purchase the Adafruit 32x16 LED matrix, the RGB Matrix Shield, Adafruit motorshield v2 (for 2 3V vibration motors), and will like to add more sensors later such as a speaker. I am a Python programmer but have gathered that it may not be practical for the project and to use C instead via the Arduino IDE. This is my first entry into physical computing. I would like to use the Adafruit Metro M0 Express or M4 Express because of the sizable RAM. I read that an LED matrix is a lot of for the Arduino Uno and the Adafruit RGB matrix shield is not compatible with the Mega. Are the M0 and M4 compatible with the Motorshield? It says that I would need an Arduino but wasn't sure.

I am open to configuring the system with a Raspberry Pi but it doesn't seem to be the best choice.

Due to the sizable cost of all these components individually I do not want to purchase the wrong items. Thank you in advance for the help.

xavier117

Re: Assistance in which microcontroller to use

by franklin97355 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 pm

The Metros should be fine.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.