0

Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 pm

When I try to download Adafruit SAMD boards, it keeps failing with the message:

Error downloading https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 ... 4.0.tar.gz

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Arduino, restarting my computer.

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Do you have trouble installing other Board Support Packages?

adafruit_support_carter
 
Posts: 20356
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:54 pm

I have installed the Arduino SAMD board without a problem

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:55 pm

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Do you have trouble installing other Board Support Packages?



I was able to install the Arduino SAMD board with no issue

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:05 pm

OK, so not some basic network connection issue. You've added the link to the .json file in Additional Boards Manager URLs?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... roto/setup

As another test, can you open the link directly in a browser from your location?
https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 ... 4.0.tar.gz

adafruit_support_carter
 
Posts: 20356
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:01 pm

adafruit_support_carter wrote:OK, so not some basic network connection issue. You've added the link to the .json file in Additional Boards Manager URLs?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... roto/setup

As another test, can you open the link directly in a browser from your location?
https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 ... 4.0.tar.gz



Yes, I added the link to the Additional URLs. I actually tried downloading that directly several times today, and each time I downloaded it, my computer could not unzip it with the attached error. This time, I downloaded using the link you gave me, and it failed to unzip with the same error. BUT then I tried again to unzip the download I had tried many times this afternoon and IT WORKED.

I have no idea why, I tried the same thing 60 times, and the 61st it happened to work. Now that I have been able to unzip this file, do I have to do something special when I try to install the adafruit board?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.08.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.08.55 PM.png (45.57 KiB) Viewed 338 times

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:55 am

mcarreira wrote:
adafruit_support_carter wrote:OK, so not some basic network connection issue. You've added the link to the .json file in Additional Boards Manager URLs?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... roto/setup

As another test, can you open the link directly in a browser from your location?
https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 ... 4.0.tar.gz



Yes, I added the link to the Additional URLs. I actually tried downloading that directly several times today, and each time I downloaded it, my computer could not unzip it with the attached error. This time, I downloaded using the link you gave me, and it failed to unzip with the same error. BUT then I tried again to unzip the download I had tried many times this afternoon and IT WORKED.

I have no idea why, I tried the same thing 60 times, and the 61st it happened to work. Now that I have been able to unzip this file, do I have to do something special when I try to install the adafruit board?


After being able to unzip that file, I tried installing the adafruit board again, and it failed again in the same way.

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Not sure what is happening. We can't recreate the issue here. The Adafruit SAMD BSP downloads as excepted. It seems like something odd is happening with your Arduino setup. But it sounds like a manual download had solved the issue in your case as a work around.

adafruit_support_carter
 
Posts: 20356
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 pm

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Not sure what is happening. We can't recreate the issue here. The Adafruit SAMD BSP downloads as excepted. It seems like something odd is happening with your Arduino setup. But it sounds like a manual download had solved the issue in your case as a work around.


Now that I have manually downloaded that file, how can I install the adafruit samd board? I tried again and still got the same error. Somehow, it couldn't see that I had already downloaded that file.

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:16 pm

You'd need to go through the manual process again.

If you have another PC available, see if you can replicate the issue there.

adafruit_support_carter
 
Posts: 20356
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:06 pm

If I have been able to unzip the file manually, is there a way I can put that in a folder so that when I install the adafruit samd board, the file is already there?

I don't know what to do now that I have downloaded and uncompressed the CMSIS_5-5.4.0 folder. After trying to install the board again, it failed downloading on the same file.

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by mcarreira on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:21 pm

Here is additional information about my error:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 6.13.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 6.13.47 PM.png (207.83 KiB) Viewed 308 times

mcarreira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:17 pm

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Arduino, restarting my computer.


When you tried this did you also manually delete this directory?
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15

adafruit_support_carter
 
Posts: 20356
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by ericwtram on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi,

I am also having this exact problem. I have gotten errors for other files in this download, but I would just manually download them and they would go away, but the error regarding the CMSIS file keeps popping up regardless of me manually downloading that file.

Anyone have any luck resolving this issue?

ericwtram
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: Error downloading Adafruit SAMD boards

by tw_cem on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 am

I am having the same issue, I think.
Attempting to install Adafruit SAMD Boards gives me this error.
Attachments
CaptureSAMD.JPG
CaptureSAMD.JPG (53.97 KiB) Viewed 162 times

tw_cem
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:37 am

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.