Looking for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Looking for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C

by kwguerin on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:15 am

I'm working with a BME280, using I2C, connected to a raspberryPi 4. Unfortunately when running a simple program using python2 or 3 it complains that it can't find Adafruit_GPIO.I2C.
Any ideas as to where I can find this snippet?

If this is posted in the wrong place please redirect.
Thank you.

kwguerin

Re: Looking for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C

by dastels on Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:15 am

dastels

by kwguerin on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Thank you for the quick reply and the relative links. I will study the material and make sure that I have all the necessary libraries and software installed. Please keep this posting alive. I am traveling and won’t be able to follow up on this until tomorrow. Thank you again.

kwguerin

by kwguerin on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:45 pm

dastels wrote:Do you have blinka installed? See https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpython-on-raspberrypi-linux

Dave

Thank you for the quick reply. No, blinka was not installed. I was lost and suffering trying to solve a problem that should have been very simple, but it was made complicated by my not having all libraries and software, versionitis too.
I read the article written by Ada and performed the steps specified in her guide. All is now working and I want to pass on my thanks to Ada, the author of the guide and to you for sending me the link. I am a newbie and this was a great help and relief. Thank you again.

kwguerin

by dastels on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:37 pm

Awesome! Have fun.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.