Using the Adafruit PCA9685 16-Channel Servo Driver with a Te
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using the Adafruit PCA9685 16-Channel Servo Driver with a Te

by kgingerale on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi so I'm not sure if this is the right forum index, but it seemed like the closest thing I could find. I working on a project for school that requires me to control 16 servo motors. The microcontroller board I'm using is a TI TM4C1294XL. I went with this board because I needed to use a sensor by TI and it incorporated easier than others, and because I have experience with TI-RTOS. The problem I'm running into is that for the Adafruit PCA9685 16-Channel Servo Driver, the supported API is only for the arduino, and the CPP files on GitHub include the use or arduino files that make it near impossible for me to format the code into something I can use. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get around this? Or ways for me to code the PCA9685 directly?

kgingerale

Re: Using the Adafruit PCA9685 16-Channel Servo Driver with

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:33 am

Not sure what languages are supported on your processor. But we have driver code in both C++ (Arduino) and Python. The Arduino Wire library is a pretty straightforward implementation of i2c bus communication. Assuming that Ti provides an API for i2c, it should not be difficult to translate.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.