Blank sketch won't compile for feather M0

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BG100

Blank sketch won't compile for feather M0

Post by BG100 »

Hi,
I have a Feather M0 that's been working fine and still is. But now the Arduino IDE seems like its not accepting anything from the Adafruit SAMD12 list of microcontrollers.
I can compile blank sketch for a uno, or mega 2560 R3, even Arduino M0, but if I select a board from the Adafruit M0 boards list, a blank sketch won't compile.

I uninstalled Arduino and the library files from my MAC and reinstalled the Arduino IDE, and needed library's and still have the same problem.
Although I didn't have to add the URL for the (https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-boar ... index.json) board manager in preferences, so I'm not sure how clean of an install I did.

To recap my problem is "A blank sketch won't compile for Adafruit M0 boards, but will for arduino boards even arduino M0 boards".
Makes me think its an IDE issue,
Is there a list of settings to check, some thing obvious, its odd something works the day before, and now it doesn't.
thanks in advance,

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Blank sketch won't compile for feather M0

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Delete your Arduino15 folder and reinstall the board support packages from scratch. Also add the URL for our BSP source to the preferences and make sure you've installed the Adafruit SAMD21 package.

BG100

Post by BG100 »

That was the fix. Works as advertised.
Thank you

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear it. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”