QT PY Short

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EasternStandard

QT PY Short

Post by EasternStandard »

Hello I received an email from the support staff at adafruit that I need to post my issue here about my QT PY SAMD21 microcontroller. My order number is 2596192-2091787249 for reference.

Upon taking my QT PY out of the bag and plugging it into a USB connector to my computer the board would not power on. After trying several cables and computers the board would still not power up. Bringing the device to our benchtop we discovered that there was a short between the 3V and GND line on our board. We then confirmed this short with another power supply that was giving us an error code for the short. This issue appears to be present on both of the boards we have ordered.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: QT PY Short

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Hmm.. could you post a photo showing the test you did please? 800x600 images usually work best.

All the boards we make have to pass a series of functional tests before they’re approved for sale, but the symptoms you described could indicate a problem somewhere in the test system.

EasternStandard

Post by EasternStandard »

Hello,

Attached is a photo of one of our USB power monitors indicating a power fault and we tested the short using a our DMM looking for continuity across the 3V and GND pins.

Thank you,
Josh
Attachments
20210803_092710.jpg
20210803_092710.jpg (948.34 KiB) Viewed 150 times

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thank you. I’ll pass that on to our QA team.

Send a note containig a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement QtPy.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”