RPi CSI connector reversed

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Steve_0

RPi CSI connector reversed

Post by Steve_0 »

I have a RPi 3+ with the display CSI connector reversed so my 7 inch touchsreen won't work.
Anyone know if I can use the cable extender (#3671) to reverse the pins? I'd probably have to un-solder one of the connectors and put it on the bottom of the board, but I'd rather do this on the #3671 than the RPi (unless that is easy).
I have too much stuff on the Pi to send the board back to where ever I got it so I'd rather makeshift a workaround.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: RPi CSI connector reversed

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The connector is physically reversed? Like it was soldered down 180 degrees rotated?

Steve_0

Post by Steve_0 »

Yes, apparently there were batches in which this occurred. I can't find the websites that show this unfortunately. But I am not the only one with this problem.
Not to worry though, I have others where this is not a problem and I will use one of them with the display.
If there were some kind of adapter that I could use it would be great, but I'll just swap the SD card and use a different Pi.

Thanks

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Wonder if this might help?
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3671

Steve_0

Post by Steve_0 »

Yes, that is what I wondered, but I would think it would have to be modified by flipping one connector around or to the other side in order to reverse the reversal of the connector on the Pi. Next time I place an order, I'll get one of these and see what I can do with it.
Thanks for your help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”