same51n19a mcu

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jimbee

same51n19a mcu

Post by Jimbee »

Hi,
I noticed under your variants/feather_m4_can/ directory you list other mcu's like the same51n19a.h mcu. Please tell me how I can use these
files to compile for the same51n19a mcu. Do you have any how to examples or which files and or locations that I need to edit?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: same51n19a mcu

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's a fairly deep subject.

You don't just need to let the IDE know a device like the SAME51N19A exists, you also need a 'core' -- a set of C and C++ files that implement all the low-level code the Arduino convenience functions use -- written for any specific details of that chip. There are also files that connect a specific board to the IDE: the ones that tell the IDE what pins to use live in subdirectories of the 'variants' folder in the board support package, and the one that tells the IDE how to compile the code and how to upload it to the chip is called 'boards.txt'.

I don't know of any instructions for writing a board support package, and some of the low-level details change as the IDE evolves.

If you just want to program the chip directly, it will probably be easier for you to start with Microchip Studio:

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/develop ... am-devices

Jimbee

Re: same51n19a mcu

Post by Jimbee »

Thanks, I figured out a work around.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”