Is there a comparison table of Adafruit uController Breakout

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TomHumbleAndHandsome

Is there a comparison table of Adafruit uController Breakout

Post by TomHumbleAndHandsome »

My question is, Does a comparison table exist, on Adafruit site or elsewhere, that shows all the micro breakout boards that Adafruit makes?

It would be incredibly handy to have a comparison table listing all the microprocessor breakout boards available at Adafruit. I've been trying to compile one for myself so that I can use it when beginning a project but I'm not sure if I have all the information correct or if it's a complete list; besides, it's incredibly time consuming to do this.

This is what I'm looking for:

List of boards along left column (ItsyBitsy M0, Trinket M0 etc.) with additional columns showing features such as but not necessarily limited to: uP used/speed/data size, onboard flash, ram, eeprom, SPI flash, power options, power consumption, additional features.

The easier it is to size a board for my projects, the easier it is for me to purchase more of them (hint hint)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Is there a comparison table of Adafruit uController Brea

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I’m afraid we don’t have any such list/table.

The trouble is that almost everything beyond the physical dimensions can be modified in code.. pins defined as analog inputs by the default configuration can be told to do digital GPIO. The fact that a dozen pins can be configured for PWM output doesn’t mean all twelve can do PWM at the same time.. or there are configurations where mapping signals one way allows three channels of PWM on three pins, but swapping any two signals makes it impossible to have more than two channels of PWM for any permutations of the same three pins. I2S can only be mapped certain pins, which make it impossible to use other protocols that need one or more of the same pins, etc, etc.

Any simple checkmarks-in-boxes style table ends up being misleading, and the list of footnotes and exceptions winds up bigger and harder to read than the average EULA.

TomHumbleAndHandsome

Re: Is there a comparison table of Adafruit uController Brea

Post by TomHumbleAndHandsome »

Example of the kind of table I'd like to see
Example of the kind of table I'd like to see
adafruit micros.png (273.09 KiB) Viewed 257 times
I wasn't speaking of pins, not at all.

When someone comes up with an idea for a project, they thing "Hmmm what AdaFruit board will I use... Should I use the ItsyBitsy 32u4 3V version or the 5 volt version so I can power it with 12 volts. Or maybe I should use the ItsyBitsy M0 because I like the 2MB of SPI Flash."

I've made my own table but it's probably not complete and could contain errors:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”