ESP-32-S2 Questions

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
charlie51135

ESP-32-S2 Questions

Post by charlie51135 »

I am attempting to replace a QT PY M0 with a QT PY ESP32-S2 with a project I am working on. I have a GPS module connected to RX and TX, an SD card reader connected to SPI, and an OLED screen, DHT20, and DS3231 connected to the primary I2C bus. I have already modified the SD card code to work with the ESP32 but I have a few questions about the other components. First, I am confused about how to adjust the GPS module connected to RX and TX. On the M0 I used Serial1, but I'm not sure what to use on the ESP32 as the pinout diagram just labels them as UART. Second, when devices are connected to the primary I2C pins, the QT PY will only stay in bootloader mode? (solid green NEO). I am unable to use the serial monitor for debugging as the device does not show up in the Arduino IDE while in this mode.

charlie51135

Re: ESP-32-S2 Questions

Post by charlie51135 »

Also when in ROM bootloader mode, the QT-PY comes up as Deneyap mini. If I upload the code with that selected, it fails to upload as it does recognize SCL1 and SDA1. But when I switch it to the correct board it will upload, however, the QT-PY has a solid green led and does not show up on the serial monitor.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”