QT PY ESP32 Pico V3 02 Questions

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dlisoski

QT PY ESP32 Pico V3 02 Questions

Post by dlisoski »

I managed to score a couple of QT Py ESP32 Pico V3 02s

The first one I plugged in, I cannot get the bootloader to come up by double clicking the reset or by the Boot_hold-Reset-Boot sequence.

Assuming the bootloader is maybe corrupted, Is there a replacement bootloader available for the Pico chip like there is for the ESP32 S2?

This same QT PY board runs the rainbow neopixel default program when plugged in, but after a few minutes being plugged into USB it gets very hot. Not quite too hot to touch but close. Is this expected behavior? Is a heatsink recommended for this board?

Finally, I was hoping to use this QT Py in place of my existing QT Py ESP32 S2, but my project is running a fairly large CircuitPython code and CircuitPython is apparently not available for the ESP32 Pico V3 yet I also couldn't find a MicroPython for this board, although micropython is listed in the board description. Would the ESP32 S2 CircuitPython or MicroPython ports work? Or is there likely to be a future release of CircuitPython for the Pico and if so, is there any ETA?

Thank you!

Derek

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”