arduino sketch not compiling :( HEEEELP!!!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

arduino sketch not compiling :( HEEEELP!!!

by bootfetch on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:10 am

I have a new arduino mega 2560
and a serial LCD from seeedstudios but i cant seem to compile stuff when the library is included.

im getting these:

In file included from HelloWorld.cpp:15:
C:\Documents and Settings\users\My Documents\Arduino\arduino\libraries\SerialLCD/SerialLCD.h:27:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\PLim\My Documents\Arduino\arduino\libraries\SerialLCD/SerialLCD.h:28,
from HelloWorld.cpp:15:
C:\Documents and Settings\users\My Documents\Arduino\arduino\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.h:73: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Documents and Settings\users\My Documents\Arduino\arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error: overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

can anyone help me with this?

i tried blinking led and it worked :)
bootfetch

Re: arduino sketch not compiling :( HEEEELP!!!

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 am

Looks like the library has not been updated for Arduino 1.0. You should contact the author of the library.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: arduino sketch not compiling :( HEEEELP!!!

by philba on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:05 pm

I've run into this too - wprogram.h missing. Groveled around the web and found it.

Bigger problems out there, though. like the wire library changed (receive vs read, send vs write) so a lot of old sketches won't compile. I'm all for moving things forward but why couldn't they have handled it a little better - breaking lots of sketches seems pretty unfriendly. Generally the best thing to do is read the code, figure out what's going on and fix it yourself. You'll be a better programmer for it.

philba

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.