Boarduino

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
johnweythek

Boarduino

Post by johnweythek »

Sorry if this is the wrong section, seems like all sorts of products are in here though.

I thought i dl'd the driver and it installed (after pointing windows to it) but i still got a 'failed to insall usb device' error so it doesn't have a COM port associated with it. It's stuck in other devices in device manager with the ! sign on it.

BTW i have the usb version. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Boarduino

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Which driver did you install? The USB Boarduino requires the FTDI drivers. These are in a sub-folder of their own inside the Arduino IDE "drivers" folder.

johnweythek

Post by johnweythek »

Thanks, that was amazingly easy. I had installed something from a link on the 'tutorial' which i guess i really didn't know what it was. Got my com port! Now to make something!

OOps, avrdude not in sync. Was having some trouble installing trinkets and i guess it has spilled over into this project. I updated the avrdude.conf but it caused more errors. Went through that whole tutorial (introducing trinket) thrice. Your trinket friendly IDE didn't wanna work either sadly. :? What am i missing? Something bigger than avrdude that windows needs? One day i'm gonna get this and actually make something, i have maxxed out my UNO's and breadboards at this point though. I'm sorry for taking up so much time on the forum, :oops: I shoulda just stuck to the UNO, but electronics are so addicting! Makes me wanna fire up the iron just thinking about it. Please don't rush to help me, i'm sure other people have their problems too! All your help has been greatly appreciated, hope they're paying you well. :mrgreen:

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

OOps, avrdude not in sync
Double check your COM port. Make sure your board type is correct for the Boarduino (Duemilanove w/328).

johnweythek

Post by johnweythek »

Oh it did it, YAY! I thought it was an UNO board so i had it run through that type. Then i switched but 'blink' didn't do anythign but also didn't throw any errors, now i'm running some customized 'goggles' on neopixel rings and it's working great. Thanks for all the help. Now back to the trinket thread i suppose. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”