๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

First project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

First project

by ouroborus on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:10 pm

It's been years since I've done any electronics like this. I've wanted to get back into it and everything these days seems to be MCU controlled. So I bought this kit and put it together and it seems to be working afaik. (The light comes on and avrdude seems to be able to find it.)

Is there some way to preform further tests via computer or maybe a mini project (avr controlled flashing led or lcd sort of thing) to play with? I've looked at the other kits here, but I'd really like something with a bit of flexibility to play around and experiment with.

ouroborus

by adafruit on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:57 pm

lots of people seem to like Arduinos :)

adafruit

by Entropy on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Boarduinos are great.

The nice thing about the Arduinos (and compatible units like the Boarduino) is that they can also be used as a normal (very inexpensive) ATMega168 development board.
Entropy

by peter_H on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 pm

I bought THIS months ago, and it seems fantastic for playing. They even offered a manual that guides me to play
peter_H

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.