Gemma not loading sketch

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
catywolfe

Gemma not loading sketch

Post by catywolfe »

I have an Adafruit Gemma (black one) that I received in July at a class I took and am working on the mindfulness bracelet project (https://learn.adafruit.com/buzzing-mindfulness-bracelet), but can't get the code to load. I have a Mac running Yosemite and have loaded Arduino 1.6.5. I have added the Adafruit boards and the board is set to Adafruit Gemma 8MHz, programmer USBtinyISP. I have tried multiple cables and even got a USB 2 hub.

I have tried many things and am really stuck. I can not get a sketch to load.

When I plug in the Gemma, the green light comes on and the red light pulses. That is when I send the sketch. It is only recently (since I got the USB hub) that I am not getting the "Could not find USBtiny device" error and the code seems to be sending. I am using Blink under basic examples. But the lights on the device do not blink and nothing seems to happen.

Could you please give me some direction? Thank you!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Gemma not loading sketch

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If the red LED is pulsing, it means the bootloader is running. It would be pretty unusual for it to be working that much but still failing to accept incoming data.

The window of programming time is only a few seconds, so you may be seeing a timing issue. Try pressing the reset button just before you click the 'Upload' button in the Arduino IDE.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”