adafruit soundboard fx

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mbryla93

adafruit soundboard fx

Post by mbryla93 »

Hello

I read on the instruction of Audio FX Sounboard that i need a thread or somehing that is conductive to make a sound. I want to make a sound from paper which is painted by conductive ink, and when i touch the paper the sound is coming up. Is that possible? I tried many things and only when is connected to the ground it works?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: adafruit soundboard fx

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You might be able to get conductive paint to work. Give it a try.

mbryla93

Post by mbryla93 »

I tried that and is not working. When I connect one pin via wire to the paper painted by conductive ink , and other wire from ground to the paper it works , but not when I touch the paper, but when wires are connected to each other. I want to make the sound by touching paper.

mbryla93

Post by mbryla93 »

Would it work with capacitive sensor or Adafruit CAP1188 Breakout ?

adafruit_support_mike

Sorry, I'm not clear on the details of what is and isn't working.

You have to provide a path to GND for the FX pins to work. The path can run through wire, conductive thread, or conductive ink, but you do need some kind of connection from the FX pin to GND.

It's very unlikely that the capacitive touch sensor would work with conductive ink. The ink has enough internal resistance that it would probably hide any changes in capacitance that the sensor needs.

anapauchis

Post by anapauchis »

Hello, I have a similar question. My intention is the same: trigger a sound when I touch the conductive ink. I'm making a path between GND to the 01 FX pin with conductive ink and it works. If I use a potentiometer (100k) I can make the sound stop when I touch the line of conductive ink, but I want to make just the opposite: release the sound when I touch the ink.

¿how I can reverse this process? I want to trigger the sound only when someone touches the conductive material.

what I got by now is:
GND - Potentiometer (100K in the middle) - Conductive Ink - FX Pin 01
*Power with mini USB cable.

prueba I.jpg
prueba I.jpg (342.99 KiB) Viewed 285 times

adafruit_support_mike

Make a small gap in the conductive paint. Connect one line to the FX Board's trigger pin, and the other line to the FX Board's GND pin.

When someone closes the gap by touching it with their finger, the sound should play.

It will also work if you paint two parallel lines with a small gap between them. The general idea is the same though: touching both lines connects the FX trigger pin to GND, and that plays the sound.

anapauchis

Post by anapauchis »

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes, it works that way, but the application I will give it will be with metals (gold in ceramics) and in this case I can not make gaps between the lines. Is there any way to reverse the process? It would be useful a NOT gate?
Thank you very much. AP

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”