Autonomous Model Sailboat Adventure Program

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bzupke

Autonomous Model Sailboat Adventure Program

Post by bzupke »

Hi,

My name is Ben and I am a teacher at Everett High School. I am having students at sensors to a model sailboat to make it sail autonomously. I am not very familiar with the Arduino platform and would like to know if there is someone out there who could help. What I am looking for is a "digital" mentor for my students as they work on their project. If this digital mentor could be available through this forum, Skype, or another way that would be a tremendous help. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Autonomous Model Sailboat Adventure Program

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Adafruit support engineers do monitor the forums and we can answer any questions you might have regarding Arduinos and other Adafruit products. Other forum members may chime in with helpful advice as well.

bzupke

Post by bzupke »

Will my students be able to ask questions on the forum? Will they need to create an account?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If your students are well behaved you could create a shared account for the class and have them ask here. (actually not here but in the appropriate forum heading) You should stress using the tutorials and the rest of the web to try to find answers before asking simple questions though.

bzupke

Post by bzupke »

These students are AP Physics students are generally respectful and well behaved. I will notify them of a "3 before me" policy in regards to the forum. What would be a more appropriate forum for student questions?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is a fine forum for student questions. I believe what Franklin is asking is for them to make a reasonable effort to find and read any relevant documentation before posting questions on the forum.

We have a rather extensive library of tutorials and lessons in our Learning System: https://learn.adafruit.com/
The Arduino folks also have a lot of excellent material on their site: http://www.arduino.cc/#

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”