FingerPrint module algorithm problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

FingerPrint module algorithm problem

by TiMan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 am

Hi,
so I'm going to use the adafruit fingerprint sensor for my electronic safe project.
The enroll and detect fingers are seperate programs, but if I want it to work real-time without switching programs, I need to combine them so the following algorithm will be created:

Powering up the safe for the first time:
User types an ID to store their fingerprint
Put finger>Remove Finger>Put again> Store in ID!
After that, we will need to ensure that the safe will detect the fingerprint again and lock the safe:
Put finger again> Remove finger>Put finger again> Detect finger with confidence!>lock safe
Now, after that, everytime that user will put his finger, it will only detect the same ID over and over, without the need to enter new ID every time.

Let's say we powered off the safe and then we turn on. Now, the algorithm will be like this:
Waiting for user to detect thier finger
Put finger> Remove>Put finger again> Detect finger with confidence!>lock/unlock safe

The problem is that every time I turn off and on the arduino, the first algorithm will occur, and I don't know how to switch to the second algorithm after powering up the safe for the next time.

I attached the program I currently have.

Any help is appriciated.

Using FingerPrint sensor for an Electronic Safe: trying to combine enroll and detect programs (With Arduino)
Attachments
FingerPrintModule.rar
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

TiMan

Re: FingerPrint module algorithm problem

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am

You could add an "enroll" button that needs to be pressed to start the enroll procedure. And of course you don't want anyone to just be able to walk up to the safe and enroll. So I would mount the enroll button on the inside of the safe. That way, you need an authorized user to open the safe in order to enroll a new authorized user.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.