Converting music to current? Terbium speaker build
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Converting music to current? Terbium speaker build

by SiraoGomes on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:02 am

I have an idea to build a terbium alloy speaker, and I think I want to use microcontrollers to do so. This would be my very first full scale project.

I've done some Java and Python coding, but am extremely new to Arduino/microcontrollers.

How easily can I convert a sound file into an electrical signal? Do I need to find a program for that or can you easily convert a sound file into electrical frequencies. Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

In terms of hardware and how to build it I'm not too worried. It's just copper wire and a special terbium alloy (magnetostriction ftw!)

SiraoGomes

Re: Converting music to current? Terbium speaker build

by SiraoGomes on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:44 pm

SiraoGomes wrote:I have an idea to build a terbium alloy speaker, and I think I want to use microcontrollers to do so. This would be my very first full scale project.

I've done some Java and Python coding, but am extremely new to Arduino/microcontrollers.word counter

How easily can I convert a sound file into an electrical signal? Do I need to find a program for that or can you easily convert a sound file into electrical frequencies. Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

In terms of hardware and how to build it I'm not too worried. It's just copper wire and a special terbium alloy (magnetostriction ftw!)

issue got solved!!

SiraoGomes

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.