oled not working with adafruit code

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cowboypio

oled not working with adafruit code

Post by cowboypio »

Can you help please? I have a 4 pin, 1.3" monochrome 128x64 OLED. Trying to run it through I2C. Using Arduino code and a nodeMCU ESP-12E board. Using example code for Arduino from adafruit ssd1306_128x64_i2c. Oled will work with helloOLED code and libraries from acrobatic_ssd1306 libraries, so i think i have all the wires hooked up correctly, but i want to use adafruit. Code gives following error message: C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_SPIDevice::transfer(uint8_t*, size_t)':

C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp:133:31: error: no matching function for call to 'SPIClass::transfer(uint8_t*&, size_t&)'

_spi->transfer(buffer, len);

^

C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp:133:31: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_SPIDevice.h:1:0,

from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp:1:

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1\libraries\SPI/SPI.h:65:11: note: uint8_t SPIClass::transfer(uint8_t)

uint8_t transfer(uint8_t data);

^

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.1\libraries\SPI/SPI.h:65:11: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided

exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

Can someone help Please? Thanks!!
Attachments
oled.jpg
oled.jpg (92.29 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

cowboypio

Re: oled not working with adafruit code

Post by cowboypio »

Update: I updated the software for my nodeMCU board, now the adafruit program compiles OK. I'm able to get it to run for i2C 0x3C option for 128x32, but not for the 0x3D (128x64). My OLED has only top 1/6 lit and working in 128x32 option, whole thing not working yet. Thanks,

cowboypio

Re: oled not working with adafruit code

Post by cowboypio »

Update: i seem to be using some SSH1106 no name chip with no reset pin, and is not the same as the SSD1306 chip.

Can something in the adafruit files be changed to get it to work?

It works now with the u8g2 library with setting u8x8_sh1106_128x64 no name setting.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”