Sending information with LoRa module

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
iPat16

Sending information with LoRa module

Post by iPat16 »

Hi, I'm working on a Smart Building project at work right now. One of the goal is to count how many people goes in and out the washrooms so we can send a someone to clean them after XX number of users. The thing is, we can't know for sure if the cleaner really went and clean the washrooms.

I am using the LoRa technologie (Smart Events P&S) which sends the information about how many people went in the washrooms. From there, we send someone to clean and like I said, we don't know for sure if someone cleaned the bathrooms.

To solve this issue I thought about using a ''LoRa Radio Shield for Arduino - 900 / 915 MHz'' to send the info to my gateway and a ''RFID RFID/NFC S50 Card Reader - PS/2 Interface''to identify that someone went in the washrooms.

My only concern is that I won't be able to send the information from the RFID to the gateway that I use with my LoRa technologie. Do you think I should be good using the LoRa Radio Shield for Arduino - 900 / 915 MHz?

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks in advance

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Sending information with LoRa module

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

We don't have a LoRa shield. However, you could attach the RFID read to a Feather LoRa board, and send out the information:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2264?q=lora%20feather&

iPat16

Re: Sending information with LoRa module

Post by iPat16 »

Perfect, thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”