adafruit metro

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zoob30

adafruit metro

Post by zoob30 »

hi i am interested in arduino and was wondering if the adafruit metro would be a more cost friendly way to get into the maker scene. i want to get into making stuff and heard arduino was the way to start but im low on cash so i need so help

thanks for your time

bjorn zubrycki

espaliering master genius LOL

zoob30

Re: adafruit metro

Post by zoob30 »

* aspiring master genius :( im drunk and can not spell at all :(

any help would be appreciated. i am excited to make a home ( well i live in a room ) security system. i did like the project that the gentleman did on the security system for his son where there was a light and a voice recording. it was cool that he included that someone could teach math to kids to activate the alarm ^_^. i do not have kids but i would like to be cool and have an alarm for may room. i got into tech in 2010 in the form of html and css. i was self tough on Dreamweaver and some Photoshop, enough to complete some basic projects but i want more. i in the past week have been playing around with the MIR app inventor 2 and have made so great strides. i am from the hudson valley ny area and i going to meet up with some people that are into tinkering and programing. they have been programing since the old IBM's so i think i will be able to get some help. well enough said........... im really excited and to boot i am dealing with a local company, yah

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Metro is based on the Arduino Uno reference design, so it should be 100% compatible with code and projects that work with the Uno.

zoob30

Post by zoob30 »

cool thank you for your quick response. i have a lot of respect for adafruit and like i said i like that they are a local company. i am using the meetup app for my android phone to find people to hang out with and learn. i wonder if micro python is where it is at but i am starting with adruino so ....... i have watched some of the vids form ada on python and i am BANNED. the MIT app is fun but i want to to do more that it is capable of. i read that ardino is simple like ( if this then that ) but i want ( if this, this and this and this.) i wanted a sprite to bounce of the top edge witch is 1 then steer to another sprite ( pic object ) and so on through the different edges ie -1, 3, -3. i did not know a lot about logic but i managed to get the simple script to run through 2 cycles. i did however could not figure out why the sprite would do ( what i said ) become smaller but then not get bigger as the code read. idk im new and do not know

i thank you for your promote response and just hope your are not on the east cost.... if you are props for staying up on stuff ^_^

bjorn zubrycki

zoob30

Post by zoob30 »

and the profile pic i have is the tattoo i got a few years ago. my name means bear in sweetish lol ^_^

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”