connect ethernet to godaddy server
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

connect ethernet to godaddy server

by tge1986 on Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm trying to connect my arduino with the ethernet shield and wiznet module to my server that is hosted by godaddy the problem is it doesn't have a dedicated IP address so i can't just point the client ip address to my server to get a connection. I've posted a comment on the arduino forum but not much has come of that. What i was told is that i need to enter my URL into the host header? I'm not sure how do do that, I've found some examples but they don't seem to give a clear enough example on how to do this. I have a page with my php environment info available, this gives some of the basic info of my server so if anyone wants to try to help it would greatly be appreciated. the info is here http://www.timgregor.com/bikeshare/info.php I'm only going to have this up for a little while so if it's unavailable PM me and i'll put it back up.
tge1986

Re: connect ethernet to godaddy server

by adafruit on Sun May 03, 2009 2:07 pm

adafruit

Re: connect ethernet to godaddy server

by tge1986 on Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 pm

I got it to work finally.

but a word to those who may go down this road DO NOT USE GODADDY FOR HOSTING, if you want to stay calm with that out of the way. they have firewalls that can and WILL cause huge headaches. your code may work a few times now, then 10min later it won't work, and then 20 min later it works again!!! AAAAAHHHHH!
tge1986

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.