Suggestion: Need Arduino IDE Settings for each Product?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tkinsman

Suggestion: Need Arduino IDE Settings for each Product?

Post by tkinsman »

I use: Floras, Circuit Playgrounds, Trinkets, Unos, and Megas.

It would be very helpful for me if were either:

1. Each product page had the correct settings for the Arduino Programming IDE (which board, and which programmer to use -- and special situations), or

2. A table on the AdaFruit website of the correct settings for each product, with notes about some special quirks.

Setting this wrong makes things fail in lousy ways. And the combinatorics of picking the right board, with the correct "programmer" makes it take an entire day to stumble on the correct combination. I hate to think of a sixth grader that is trying to figure these things out.

Thanks for your consideration.

- T. Kinsman

Franklin97355

Re: Suggestion: Need Arduino IDE Settings for each Product?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Once you have the Adafruit boards files loaded you should be able to select the correct board from the list. The tutorials for other boards usually have instructions for uploading code. If they don't please let us know and we can add them.

kcl1s

Re: Suggestion: Need Arduino IDE Settings for each Product?

Post by kcl1s »

I agree with Franklin. We have used all these boards and if the board files are up to date all we do is choose the board, choose the port and leave the rest of the settings at default. As a volunteer teacher of middle school aged students I don't find choosing the board to be much of a problem for them.

Keith

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”