Itsy Bitxy 32u4

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
iesre

Itsy Bitxy 32u4

Post by iesre »

What board selection is required to use this board with the Arduino IDE? A new board definition? I didn't see this question answered in the online description for this board.

danhalbert

Re: Itsy Bitxy 32u4

Post by danhalbert »

The ItsyBitsy 32u4 boards are in the latest "Adafruit AVR Boards" package (version 1.4.11 or higher). If you haven't already done so, add the Adafruit boards URL to the Arduino "Additional Boards Manager URL", and then add the "Adafruit AVR Boards" package. See https://learn.adafruit.com/add-boards-a ... v164/setup. If you already have that Boards package, update it to the latest version. Then look in the Board menu and you should find the ItsyBitsy entries.

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

Dan; I just purchased 2 Ities this am and was wondering the same thing. I found this thread. Updated the Adafruit AVR board to 1.4.11
The ItsyBitsy now shows up as an available board.

Thanks

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

Also, for everyone using Windows 7 or 8.x: there's a new Adafruit Windows drivers package that includes the ItsyBitsy boards: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Wi ... ses/latest

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

My 5V Itsy Bitsies came in the other day. I have already programmed one and incorporated that into a tiny project. Works great. I don't recall having to do any coding conversions from the Uno to Itsy. Just uploaded and ran. No issues. Not less than 5 minutes ago, ordered 2 3V versions to see what I can do with those. For now, my goal is for a 3V I2C BMP280 sensor and I2C 128x64 OLED display.

alpierce

Post by alpierce »

Love the new Itsy Bitsy! Leave it to me though to mess things up.
I ran a sketch that used Sleepdog and the serial port went away, as expected.
However, I can now no longer get it to program correctly. On the Feather a suitable incantation of pushing reset and the upload, resting the Mac, etc.
would get it back to normal, but it's not working with the Itsy.

Its like the Sleepdog is still running.

I unplug the board from USB and plug it back in.
It shows up as a serial port but no board info shows
Screenshot 2018-01-19 10.28.42.pdf
(68.46 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Screenshot 2018-01-19 10.29.55.pdf
(110.75 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Screenshot 2018-01-19 10.29.05.pdf
(14.22 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

I start an upload. It then can't find the board and it disappears from the ports menu.

Here's the whole verbose compile and upload sequence messages.
It sees the port, but then loses it some how.
Screenshot 2018-01-19 10.29.05.pdf
(14.22 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
If I have munged the boot loader , how do I go about reloading it? I see that there are Open Source boot loaders available in the Downloads section of the Itsy info pages.
Is that what I would use in conjunction with "Burn Boot Loader" in the Arduino menu? Or, is there a different procedure/loader?

All that being handled,
(1) Is there some method to use the Sleepdog without this happening?
(2) Can I re-initiate the serial connection on the fly, or does it only work in the Setup function.
(3) What is the root cause of the lost serial connection when using the sleep modes? i.e. Is it loss of an interrupt or a timer counter?
(4) I'm thinking maybe one could "unsleep" , or reset the interrupts/timers in code?

Hope this makes some sort of sense. Let me know If I should try anything or get further info for you.
Thanks for your time, the Adafruit gang and the whole community are excellent in my opinion.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”