Cannot Record using the Record Ogg example

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
IfNotNow

Cannot Record using the Record Ogg example

Post by IfNotNow »

Hi,

I'm trying to record Ogg files using the Record Ogg example included with the Adafruit_VS1053.h library, but am running into some issues. I feel quite confident that my hardware setup is ok, and am pretty sure it is a code issue. After debugging the example code with several Serial.print commands, commenting out certain sections, and searching extensively on Google, I have reached the conclusion that the commands sd.exists(filename) and sd.open(filename) are the culprits that are causing my code to hang. What I mean by hang is that the code does not progress to the next line after these commands and gets stuck on them (and returns no values).

Upon Googling, I've found some posts talking about how sd.exists(filename) and sd.open(filename) break stuff due to some kind of discrepancy in the SD.h library about what can be passed into them (char* or const char*). Since I am very new to Arduino and programming, this is all kind of going over my head. I was wondering if there was a way to somehow fix the Record Ogg example included with the Adafruit_VS1053.h library to avoid these issues? Or perhaps there's another SD library that it can work with?

Thanks a lot for your time!

PS: This is my first post on any Arduino forum, so please bear with me!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”