Problem uploading compiled code to nRF52 Feather

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
brentbebop

Problem uploading compiled code to nRF52 Feather

Post by brentbebop »

Hello, I'm trying to upload code to a recently purchased nRF52832 Bluefruit Feather board. I'm able to compile the blinky example successfully in Arduino 1.6.13 and 1.8.5, but am greeted with a persistent error when I try to upload the code to the device. See upload output below:
Sketch uses 20,844 bytes (12%) of program storage space. Maximum is 165,888 bytes.
Global variables use 0 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 51,072 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 51,072 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\Brent": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:709)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:682)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2189)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Board support package was installed from within the Arduino IDE, "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52 Feather" is selected as board, "0.5.0 dual, S132 2.0.1" is selected as bootloader, appropriate COM port is selected, Debug Mode is set to Level 0 (Release).
Grounding the DFU pin to force serial programming doesn't affect the upload process. I'm running Windows 10, and as I mentioned earlier I've tried with both Arduino 1.6.13 and 1.8.5. I'm able to successfully load code onto other arduino boards (Uno, Leonardo/Pro Micro). It seems to be nRF52-specific. I'm also unclear on which bootloader version to select, but both seem to behave the same.

brentbebop

Re: Problem uploading compiled code to nRF52 Feather

Post by brentbebop »

I've successfully uploaded compiled code on another machine running Windows 7. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue on my original computer while I continue development on the other?

curious_cat

Re: Problem uploading compiled code to nRF52 Feather

Post by curious_cat »

I have the same problem, using the same settings. Does that mean the problem is using Windows 10?
If someone can help with this, it would be great!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”